All images on this site are copyright Tim Hunt & Karen Massey 1995-2007.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Veggie Folk

The idea of a pyramid of people with veggies in their bellies was suggested to me by my partner. Where these characters with the wacky hairdo's came from is beyond me (again, that's art for ya!), although more than one person has suggested that the bottom middle figure might be a self portrait. For the original design, I cut the figures from black paper and then cut out a bunch of random fruits and veggies. I wasn't sure what to do with the top figure, but I put some of the extra veggie cut-outs up there and voila! A juggler. I have sometimes printed just the top juggling figure on little t-shirts and baby outfits. While the theme of this design is veggie lovin' folk, it embodies health, fun and happiness. We have sold this shirt to vegetarians, gymnasts, market vendors, jugglers, and yes, even meat-eaters!

No comments: