All images on this site are copyright Tim Hunt & Karen Massey 1995-2007.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Musicians

The original for this design was a black and white gouache painting. I wanted to do musicians because of our involvement with music festivals and our own love for music. I was thinking of Picasso's Three Musicians, which of course looks nothing like this, but that's what got me going. I wanted to include an accordion, because I was playing accordion myself in a fledgling band and you don't see a lot accordions in band images. I was trying to stay away from the more common musical instruments. I turned the drummer on his head because I thought it was more visually interesting and because it seemed to suit the unconventional personalities of a lot of drummers. To use a hockey analogy, I think of drummers as the goalies of the music world.

No comments: