All images on this site are copyright Tim Hunt & Karen Massey 1995-2007.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Business as Usual

From the Vault. This is one of my first t-shirt designs. It is a reflection of my life-long fear of being swallowed up by the everyday stress of the chaotic world of work. For a brief period I flirted with this. Big city, downtown, long hours, and a commute that included streetcar, bus, subway and a brisk walk, oh, and lots, I mean lots of coffee. Business as Usual has been out of print for quite some time and I occasionally encounter people who remember it and tell me it was their favorite shirt. One time a woman stared at it for a long time, then told me she couldn't buy it because it reminded her too much of work. I can understand that. My favorite story about this shirt comes from my partner Karen. She was selling at a big indoor Christmas show and a woman walked right up to the shirt and said "That's me, Oh that is me!...is this a bedroom?" We still laugh about that. It's a busy design.

No comments: