All images on this site are copyright Tim Hunt & Karen Massey 1995-2007.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Art in Strathcona Park 2007

It was a great day in Strathcona Park for the annual Art in the Park show. It got quite hot, thank goodness for the huge trees that provided ample shade. This show has grown over the past 7 years to include 130 vendors. Despite its size, the show manages to keep a quaint feel and is a fantastic showcase for local art while benefiting the Schizophrenia Society of Ontario. Thanks to all of you who dropped by my booth. For the second year in a row I managed to hook up with customers who hadn't seen me in many years. I brought my digital camera to the show, but my batteries were too low to take any pictures (gee, I miss my Kodak Pocket Instamatic, circa 1974) so I'm including a picture of yours truly from Strathcona 2006, excerpted from a mini-book by my close friend and booth neighbour Katie http://plasticmasters.blogspot.com/.

The mini-books were part of a project where Katie, Karen and I made each other a book every week for a year. We didn't make it through the entire year, but I think we made about 90 books between the three of us. Thanks to Katie for bringing the 4 litre jug of water today which we polished off before 5 o'clock. By the way, if you see this woman behind a camera, LOOK OUT! You may become a subject for one of one of her books, or a painting, or show up on her blog.

No comments: