All images on this site are copyright Tim Hunt & Karen Massey 1995-2007.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Illustration Friday: Fail

click on image to enlarge

Sometimes I think even the man of steel feels that he fails to live up to expectations.

Normally I like to make something new for IF, but when I read the topic, "fail", this collage book I made in 2006 popped into my head. That year, Karen & I and our friend Katie, decided to make a book a week to send to one another. The book itself is made from an 8.5 X11 sheet that is folded and cut to make an 8-page book. Each of the frames is one page and the double frame is in the centre of the book. Man of Futile Words (copyright 2006) is what I call my small press and the last frame is the back cover of the book. I reformatted it here to make it easier to read, but here's what it looks like when the book is folded out flat:

The pictures for this were all cut from a Walmart flyer.

Here is a diagram of how to make a one page book. To see some of my friend Katie's books, check out: http://plasticmasters.blogspot.com/search?q=one+page+books

5 comments:

redcatdance said...

Man of bedroom slippers says it all. Comfort and practicality all in one. Who wouldn't want a man like that? On of my favorites books of yours. Bravo! Great choice for illo friday!

Elizabeth Parsons said...

bubble bath with bonus lipbalm- made me laugh out loud!

I have always had a crush on Superman, he can never fail in my eyes...
eBeth

Anonymous said...

how cute and clever, and fun!!

a : )

SayBlade said...

I like these mini books! I made one as a birthday card for someone using legal sized paper. It makes a slightly bigger book.

Thanks for showing this one, Tim!

Isabel said...

The whole book made me laugh.

I like the idea of insecurity but in a humorous way.

The SuperBoy is cute.