All images on this site are copyright Tim Hunt & Karen Massey 1995-2007.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Illustration Friday: Stitch

Sew Manly
Coincidentally, I've been doing a lot of sewing lately, taking apart old things and sewing them back together into new things. I'm new to sewing and although I like using power tools, I've never been able to navigate the complexity of threading the sewing machine.
I just finished this piece in an on going theme of "men at work". I made a painted collage on canvas, chopped it up then sewed it to a piece of an old sports jacket. I achieved the "naive" stitching look by neglecting simple clothing repairs for my entire life.

8 comments:

Glitz Ink said...

this is really awesome!!!! i love it!!!!!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

How great that you're free to explore! A really cool idea.

redcatdance said...

Tremendous illo!

NANCY LEFKO said...

very clever....really well done !!!

Willie Baronet said...

Nice speedo!!

Toni said...

I'm always kvetching to my hubby & sons how much I wish to see ART BY MEN!!! It's always such a different take. This is GOOD, you haven't sewn before? Hmmm ... maybe there's hope for me, but then again I'm only just getting good with a drill. Unique take, here, on 'STITCH'. I'll be working on mine tonight.

Timothy Hunt said...

Thanks Toni, I'm looking forward to your post.

Toni said...

Tim - strange request. I do this occasional 'thang' on my blog, it's called 'My New Secret (Sorta)Crush' ... would you allow me to post the photo of/link to your 100% Gent from last week, with all kudos to you absolutely!? Because I am in serious love with that guy. I just left you another comment about him a second ago. I go visit him every day. It's the real thing. I think he deserves as much press as he can get.